1. What are laminate floors and how are they made?
laminate floors is a floating type of floor made The inner core layer is usually composed of melamine resin and fiber board materials. in other words it has a picture on top with hard film over it and the middle is meddim density fiberboard know as MDF and the bottom is a layer of film. with this type of wood you need to put a underlayment padding to absorb noise and to be soft while walking.
2. What is the difference between laminate flooring and hardwood flooring?
laminate is made with MDF while hardwood flooring can be either solid wood or engineered which is a 5 layer and the top layer is actual wood the rest is plywood.
3. How can you clean laminate?
I always recommend Bona cleaners.
4. What is the advantages of laminated flooring over those solid hardwood flooring?
They sometimes cost less. different color variations.
5. Can laminate be installed on steps?
No, I don't recommended but can suggest alternative flooring options that will work with your style and budget.